Friday 13 November 2015

A big welcome to our first new DT member !

Today we are welcoming one of the new DT members, now I'm sure alot of you will know this very talented lady and will love her work. So, without further ado please give a warm welcome to :


I am a retired Director of Finance and live with my wonderful husband of 40 years just outside Toronto, Canada. We have one daughter who is married and has blessed us with two fabulous grandchildren.

I have been crafting for as long as I can remember and came by it naturally since my Mother was a very creative person. In our family it must be a genetic thing because both my daughter and granddaughter are creative. I have done counted cross stitch and dried flower arranging in the past - heck, I even did macramé at one time :) I started card making around 2006 but really just dabbled at it until 2009 when my job disappeared and then I had lots of time to play. As time went on I started to make more vintage and shabby chic cards and was hooked. In the past year I have added more mixed media to my repertoire.

I don’t go to the gym because in truth I hate to exercise but I do walk a couple of miles every day. I love to read crime mysteries, am a good cook (according to others and my waistline) and like a variety of music styles, especially jazz. I hate gardening but do it because I also hate weeds. I love to travel and still have a few places on my bucket list that I will visit once the exchange rate co-operates.

Cec will be starting with the Stamps and Stencils team from the December challenge, but you may also see her popping up here and there visiting some of the entries into the current challenge. 

We still have one more member to recruit to the team and there is still a week to go for applications. You can find all the details here along with the current challenge, Remember Remember. 

Sue

11 comments:

  1. Welcome ! Great to 'meet' you Cec and looking forward to working with you on this fantastic team! Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard Cec! Looking forward to'working' together. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge congratulations to Cec and Stamps & Stencils! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome on board Cec, lovely to have you! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Cec

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big congratulations, Cec! Hugs! Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge big congrats to you dearie Cec! Hugz and happy crafting!!! Can't wait to see what you create for December! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - I'd say Stamps and Stencils are the lucky ones here!!! Cec is soooooo creative. GREAT addition!!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - I'd say Stamps and Stencils are the lucky ones here!!! Cec is soooooo creative. GREAT addition!!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome Cec! Looking forward to your creations and inspiration!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete